About Me

Hi! My name is Brianna Lockwood, and I am trying to make a difference in the way we treat each other. If you had to close your eyes and I said the words pretty,dainty, and skinny what would you see? How about if i said brave, athletic, strong and muscular? I bet the first time you pictured a girl and the second time you pictured a boy. What if someone can't live up to what their peers think would make them perfect? What if they didn't want to? Living up to what society expects us to be is impossible. Everyday adolescents are bullied because of how they look or act. I believe that every one should be different and believe in themselves so we all can fight society's "normals" together.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Recently I was roaming the internet and I came across another great video! Dove recently put doors on random buildings all around the world that say "Beautiful" or "Average". They did this so they could see what doors women would walk through. The results showed some girls believed that they were beautiful however, some girls did not think twice about going through the average doors. Afterward, Dove interviewed some of the girls and they regretted going through the average door. One story inspired me, she said that she was always told she was average. I want and need to change the way women think. They need to believe that they are beautiful despite what others say. However, I cannot do this alone I need all of your help! We are the society, so we have to change the way we think about everyone and ourselves. Everyone is a limited edition, unique and special. Every single person needs to believe that! Here is the link to the inspiring video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjJALzZ24H0



What door would you choose? #ChooseBeautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment