About Me

Hi! My name is Brianna Lockwood, and I am trying to make a difference in the way we treat each other. If you had to close your eyes and I said the words pretty,dainty, and skinny what would you see? How about if i said brave, athletic, strong and muscular? I bet the first time you pictured a girl and the second time you pictured a boy. What if someone can't live up to what their peers think would make them perfect? What if they didn't want to? Living up to what society expects us to be is impossible. Everyday adolescents are bullied because of how they look or act. I believe that every one should be different and believe in themselves so we all can fight society's "normals" together.

Friday, February 6, 2015

Did you watch the Superbowl? Did you see the commercials that are trying to change the way people act? The Always "Like a Girl" commercial and the Coke "Make it Happy" commercial are two I noticed. Like I said before the #LikeaGirl movement is about empowering young women to be themselves and to believe in themselves. The Make it Happy movement is about cyber bullying effecting everyone. They want everyone to turn everything on the internet from a negative to a positive. You can find both commercials on Youtube or their Facebook pages. I challenge EVERYONE   to join these movements to encourage a happier, friendly and empowering future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment